CIO Advisory Services
Censeo helps CIOs and senior IT executives make fact-based decisions to right-size and maximize leverage from their IT spend
The time has passed where CIOs and senior executive are expected to solely be managers of technology. In today’s under-resourced IT environment, CIOs are expected to act as portfolio managers, balancing investment priorities while maintaining or improving service levels. Executed correctly, wise IT investments yield productivity dividends that increase efficiency and effectiveness across an organization. However, CIOs face a challenging set of realities that work against their ability to fund and implement such opportunities: IT budgets are flat or in decline, legacy system O&M costs steal dollars that should be used for innovation, new business models and technologies are difficult to evaluate and implement, and many within the federal IT workforce lack the business management skills required to tackle these challenges.
Censeo can help organizations navigate these obstacles to optimize their IT portfolio. We provide a comprehensive set of services and expertise to empower IT executives to be able to drive budget-level savings without sacrificing key service levels:
- IT Portfolio Optimization
- Business Case / TCO Analysis
- Build-or-Buy Analysis
- Capital Investment Review
- Benchmarking Analysis
- Organization and Infrastructure Optimization
- Strategy & Enterprise Architecture
- Workforce Modeling & Organization Design
- Shared Services
- Governance, Policies & Chargebacks
- IT Sourcing & Demand Management
- Enterprise-Wide Requirements Development
- Sourcing Strategy
- Complex Negotiations
- Strategic Vendor Management
- Vendor Management Office Stand-Up
What We Do
Censeo has helped our clients reduce or reorganize their IT investments to improve business value in a number of ways, including reducing hardware and software purchasing costs, retiring software packages, optimizing telecommunications spend, rationalizing superfluous seat licenses, and identifying and migrating applications and functions to centralized shared services, where appropriate. Our approach centers on understanding total cost of ownership, and those factors that drive both cost and value, to help CIOs fulfill their role as the agency’s “Chief Innovation Officer” and reduce costs without disappointing customers. Additionally, we work collaboratively with both IT staff and business users to generate buy-in and reduce stakeholder risk. This holistic approach - which combines objective, fact-driven analysis with a collaborative style - has helped clients achieve their goals and attain success quickly and effectively.
- We helped a cabinet-level department evaluate and implement cloud-based shared services in areas such as email and web hosting services that are generating $20M in savings over three years while simultaneously improving employees’ access to these services anytime
- We enabled a large civilian agency to consolidate seven different help desks into one central service desk, performing an insource-vs-outsource analysis and determining future state costs and optimal organizational structures.
- We have helped several agencies source a variety of IT hardware and software categories, ranging from desktop hardware and printers to collaboration and document workflow software, in many cases capturing hard savings of 35% or more compared to existing baselines while simultaneously improving vendor support commitments.
- We assisted a large DoD organization in building governance models for managing strategic IT vendors, helping them gain unprecedented visibility to enterprise-wide spend and opening the door to both negotiation strategies and collaboration opportunities with the vendor community that improve the value they receive for money spent.